how to become
Join the FSC
The FSC enables interaction between faculty, students, and industry to enhance research opportunities, academic growth, real world problem solving, and student career opportunities. Stevens faculty and administration strive to develop and steward relationships with corporations for mutually beneficial results and profitable marketplace realizations. Collaboration between industry and Stevens is aligned to fit the needs of our Corporate partners.
The FCS provides several levels of corporate engagement, each offering a variety of benefits and opportunities. The dimensions of the Partnership with the FSC encompass:
- Sponsored Research on advanced financial topics of significant interest to Partners, and which fall under the research agenda of the FSC
- Custom recruiting support, to direct promising Stevens undergraduate and graduate students to match with Partners’ recruiting objectives –for internships, short-term projects and full time post-graduation employment
- Scholarship support for undergraduate and graduate students in the Stevens financial programs (Quantitative Finance, Financial Engineering)
- Access to FSC facilities (including the state-of-the-art Hanlon Financial Systems Lab) for corporate training events, and system validation of key technology components (e.g. models, financial software systems) with respect to system security and cyber-security
- Privileged access to FSC seminars, conferences and publications
- Direct financial support for FSC infrastructure development.
The possibilities are quite extensive. For information about partnering with the FSC please contact:
Dr. George Calhoun
Stevens Institute of Technology
413 Babbio Center
For FSC corporate and foundation relations please contact:
Assistant Vice President, Development / Corporate & Foundation Relations
Stevens Institute of Technology, Howe Center
Corporate & Foundation Relations
Ways to partner with Stevens
Stevens partners with corporations, both large and small. This partnering fosters a spirit of innovation and collaboration where faculty, students and colleagues in industry jointly nurture the process of conception, design, and marketplace realization of new technologies. Through this model, Stevens embraces its history of innovation while aligning for the needs of the dynamic future.
The opportunities for collaborations between industry and Stevens are quite diverse. Corporate level initiatives offer the most profit impact and visibility — with lasting impact over many years, while academic level initiatives provide a more localized and current effect. Stevens routinely partners with corporations in endeavors that include the following.
- Corporate Level Initiatives
- Academic Level Initiatives